Friday, October 07, 2005
Ah, the English...
I'm standing at the sink tonight talking to my wife, who's washing bottles. I had put the baby girl down in her Boppy and she was on her way to dreamland.
We're discussing our day - or more to the point, I'm discussing mine, since I already knew all about hers. I mentioned that we had had an ice cream social - heavy on the ice cream, light on the social - most everyone had just gotten their scream and went back to their desks. Myself included.
At this point, Wife starts mixing up some formula. She's got the shaker filled with water and is leveling scoops of formula into it. I mention that one of the stars of "Firefly" had been at the studio today.
"For..." the wife says.
"I'm not sure what she was there for, she was talking to some of the guys... It was weird seeing her in street clothes - I saw her on set one of the days I was up at Universal, but she was in full costume then, so she seemed in character. It's just odd seeing her in just jeans and a shirt - "
"...Five..." she says.
Only then do I realize she didn't care what she was there for - she'd been counting the scoops of formula.
Much laughter ensued. I hope she got the scoop count right after that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't keep us in suspense. Who was it?
Inara. ;) See?? I *was* listening! I just didn't care. :D
Post a Comment