Saturday, December 03, 2005

Whore

That title got your attention, didn't it? You know, it's not always easy to come to terms with some of the more... unsavory parts of one's personality. I don't have many serious vices - I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, and never have done any of those things. But. I'm a bit of an attention whore. I know, I know, I'm sure that comes as a huge surprise to you all. But I am. I like being admired. I like doing things that people see and appreciate, which is obviously a big part of why I do what I do. I love it when people see my work and tell me how awesome a shot is, or how great that lighting was, or anything like that. I eat it up like candy - and I think we all know how much I like candy. So it should now be clear why I enjoy taking my daughter out on weekends so much. The public adores her! We get comments and compliments and cooing and ooing and aahing and eyeing everywhere we go. It's amazing! And I love every minute of it. Today we went to The Mall to get a picture with Santa. Of course when we hand her over to him, all the women in the area start Awwwwwwwwing. She yawned, and I heard someone in the crowd say, "Oh look! He's yawning!!" Never mind He's a She - it was still pretty funny. Afterward, we had to go to Gymboree - Wifey's orders - where more fawning commenced. After that, across the aisle to Baby Gap, where the ladies there actually stopped their work to come over and worship my daughter. One of them loved her so much she gave us an extra discount on the stuff we bought - can you believe that? Man, my head is swollen. This is like giving a kilo of fine, uncut Columbian Happy Powder to Robert Downey, Jr. It ain't right, but it sure is fun.

No comments: