Thursday, April 26, 2007

S minus 13

I'm hungry. No, I'm freakin' starving. I'm just guessing, but it's probably because I had about 810 calories yesterday, which is probably about 1/5th of a normal day for me. Yesterday afternoon, I thought it was going to be pretty easy... the hunger hadn't been too bad. But then towards evening, BLAM. Hunger. Hunger for anything solid, anything with flavor. I found myself wanting to have another chewable multivitamin just to have something to chew! We went to bed pretty early last night... I didn't want to be up thinking about all the food I couldn't have. I cheated in a small way, kind of like Lynn did. I had 3 slices of smoked turkey breast and 2 bites of cottage cheese, both of which have a high protein-to-everything-else ratio, so they're at least not horrible things to cheat on. And I accounted for them in my daily totals. I had 152 grams of protein, 27 grams of carbs, and 10 grams of fat. This is fairly similar to my goals post-op, but damn, there's no way I could stick to this on anything resembling a permanent basis. It's pretty miserable. I also drank 4 or 5 liters of sugar free drinks to help, and they do help some, so I'm gonna keep hittin' that. Last night's sleep was better than the night before, even, so far as I can tell at the moment. I still woke up a couple times during the night... once Lynn woke me up and the mask was completely off and I was on my side. Once I woke and had to poop. Wanted to know that, didn't you? But overall I think I'm starting to get used to it. I'm definitely glad Tracey, the tech, ordered the machine she did for me, as this allows me to exhale much more satisfactorily than the one they had me on during the titration. Less than 2 weeks 'till they cut my gut. I can't wait to have it done and over with!!

No comments: