Saturday, May 05, 2007
That was fast.
After Gymboree this morning, we went to the mall to weigh me. Most household scales go up to a maximum of 330 lbs, which isn't close to what I need, so we use the scale at GNC. I'll use it for tracking my weight post-op, as well - as the doctor said, it doesn't matter if the scale is right as long as it's consistent.
So, I know there are going to be some differences between the doctor's scale and the GNC scale, but if they were calibrated correctly, then in less than 2 weeks I've lost 28 pounds. So let's give ourselves a margin of error of 10 pounds between the two scales, which seems more than reasonable. That means I've lost somewhere between 18 and 38 pounds.
That's astonishing. Now, there's no way I could keep it up... this diet is just too gawdawful. I've even cheated and eaten some turkey or chicken breast slices, or a few bites of cottage cheese... nothing bad for you, just not liquid stuff... but it's still not enough. I either need to have food, or get this surgery done so I'm not so hungry and unfulfilled all the time. Lucky me, surgery's just around the corner!
People ask me if I'm nervous. The truth is, I'm really not. Lynn's been through it all already, with the same people, in the same places. She went through our cabinets and fridge today and got rid of most of the crap we don't need to eat so it won't be bothering me when I come back on Thursday.
Honestly, I think I'm really set up for success here. I feel really good about it. And given how much better I feel at 28-ish pounds down, which is around an eighth of what I want to lose... I can't imagine feeling 7 times better than I do right now.
But I look forward to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Jarrod,
I am so excited for you. I can't wait to start seeing your before and after pictures. Lynn looks great!
Maybe you'll inspire me :)
As always give Syd a kiss for me.
Love you all,
Tracy
Post a Comment