A week from tomorrow is the big day. Which at the moment I mostly look forward to because it'll be the end of the liquid diet for me. Well, it won't, but it'll be the end of the liquid diet with this same stomach size.
Yesterday was a bit tortuous on the diet front. We had "Gymbo's Birthday Party", a party at Gymboree basically show off all the stuff you get when you have a party at Gymboree. The playing and everything was fun, like a Gymboree class with a
lot more people, but the food was awful.
- Pizza. From a new place call zpizza. 4 kinds of pizza. Plenty to go around. I couldn't touch it. It looked really delicious.
- Cake. Ice cream cake from Cold Stone. Enough to go around that they were begging the grownups to eat more of it.
It's all karmic payback for what I did while Lynn was on this diet before her surgery. I mean, I wasn't
deliberately mean, I just ate regular food in front of her. Food she likes, like chili, and food she usually is
meh on, like pizza. But after a few days on liquidity, pizza sounds like a buffet of all the foods you've ever loved.
I did find a taste treat yesterday - protein shake made with Designer Whey vanilla, with some Cheesecake sugar-free fat-free pudding powder added. Daaaamned tasty. If I had an ice cream freezer, I think that'd make pretty awesome 'scream.
On the babysitter front, we had 4 interviews this weekend, and we got 3 I would totally be comfortable with. I think pretty soon we're going to be able to go out on a date night! Woohoo!
I'm so looking forward to surgery being done. The Bi-PAP continues to give me good nights of sleep, though I haven't had one all the way through just yet. I usually wake up at least once, usually needing to adjust the mask. But compared to what I'd been like before, it's staggeringly good.
Well, the tot is fed and playing, time for daddy to go make up a cheesecake shake and pretend that it's enough to satisfy him. : P
No comments:
Post a Comment