Tuesday, May 01, 2007

S minus 7 days and counting

One week from right now, I'll be at Chapman Medical Center in Orange, CA, changing out of my regular clothes and putting on one of those ass-baring gowns. After that, I'll be filling out paperwork and getting poked and prodded for the next two hours. Many people will come by, look at the bracelet attached to my wrist, and ask me my name, my doctor, and what procedure I'm there for. I'll be weighed. An IV will be set up in my arm. The anesthesiologist will come in and check my vitals, allergies, etc. I'll be labeled "NKA" - No Known Allergies. At some point, Lynn will say goodbye as they roll me towards the operating room. She'll go into the Intensive Care waiting room (because it's closer to the operating room, and I'll actually be rolled by it when I am moved to my room). She'll sit there for an hour to two hours until the doc comes out and tells her how it went. At some point after that, she'll be able to come up and see me in the room, where I'll be living for the next 2 nights. I'll get a lot of sleep over the next 2 days, with my trusty Bi-PAP. Man, that thing's been great. It's stopped my snoring and pretty much eliminated my sleepiness in the middle of the day. Well, that could also be attributed to the pre-op diet. Either way, the change has been great! One week. One more week of this awful liquid diet. One more weekend of it. Then, at least I won't be hungry.

No comments: